Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 in review

** some of you using google reader may have had a sneak preview of this already. I accidentally published it for January 31, 2009. So then I tried to change it for the future and it published anyways. So I had to delete it and start from scratch. ** So this is not deja vu.

*** if you click on the capitalized key words, you'll see old posts that I've written.



January 2009 - I had a chelation challenge to find out that I had some ALUMINUM POISONING. The chelation was done twice to remove the aluminum from my system. We also had SNOW in January a mere 7 days before my birthday. My husband sent me flowers, balloon and chocolate for my birthday at work. I began working out on Wii Fit that my parents gave me for my birthday.

February 2009 - I had my first *real* shower in almost 7 months because my PICC LINE was pulled. It snowed twice in February. I went to a Winterguard show. I had my HAIR CUT for the first time since 2005 with exception of a trim here and there. I wrote LETTERS to NC government about supporting Integrative Medical Doctors.

March 2009 - It SNOWED again in March. March was the first month where I didn't have to go to my LLMD at least once a week. It was a huge blessing. I also poured out part of a bottle of Septra, my last ANTIBIOTIC and celebrated my 2 year anniversary with my LLMD. I realized I didn't have the HAIR FIXING gene, but ... I also realized that a straightening iron would soon be my best friend. I had meetings with CONGRESSMEN. I was at one of my lowest weights and purchased several pair of children's pants. I had what I called the "Great Closet Clean up of 2009." (which needs to be done again) I did most of the THINGS on my post picc line list. I went to the BEACH and prayed for my GRANDFATHER. I created Praying for Lymies.

April 2009 - I watched CAROLINA Men's Basketball win their national championship on the television. I finally received a POSITIVE CDC LYME TEST. My husband and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. Our neighborhood had a BRUSH FIRE which caused some serious breathing issues. My colleagues and my world was TURNED UPSIDE DOWNwhen we were told our friend passed away suddenly.

May 2009 - Showed off my Lyme spirit by putting up a LIME RIBBONon the mail box for the entire month of May. I was really annoyed by my PICC LINE BUMPS. Rob and I both had LIVE BLOOD CELL analysis done. We brought home "TREASURES" from my Grandparent's Apartment. Began trying to gain weight by eating lots of protein.

June 2009 - Found some OLD FRIENDS on Facebook. I went to CLEMSON South Carolina and met a fellow Lymie. I saw her graduate. Found a mole on my ear and went to the DOC IN THE BOX. I was not impressed. I found another TICK. Little HENRIK was born.

July 2009 - I discovered that my work had been chosen for an extensive remodel. This remodel would bring about MAJOR CHANGE in my work life. While it was devastating at the time, I have now settled into the new center. After I heard about this change, I took a week off. I also went to the BEACH for one day to relax. It was much needed.

August 2009 - I wrote my FIRST ARTICLE for the Public Health Alert. I went to PARTIES in one day. One for my friend Kellie's graduation and the other a reunion of sorts for high school. On a political front, the SENATE BILL that I fought for passed and was ratified by the Governor.

September 2009 - One of my FRIENDS from college that I haven't seen since college came to visit me. Also discussed the TRINITY OF HEALTHafter feeling a pain in my leg.

October 2009 - I got BRONCHITIS. It wasn't fun. I wrote a SECOND ARTICLE for Public Health Alert. The two fun things I did were go to LATE NIGHT WITH ROY and go to the FAIR. (there were a lot of posts about the fair. I chose to show you the one specifically on the flowers I photographed. Feel free to check out the rest of them in October of 2009).

November 2009 - I went back to CAROLINA. :) My EYE SIGHT was deemed a miracle. It hadn't changed in 2 1/2 years. This is the first time it's ever happened. Got to go to CAROLINA AGAIN. :) I wrote out my entire BACKGROUND story. Got to go to Carolina for the third time in a month. Got to meet my favorite Carolina player of all time. ERIC MONTROSS. They FOUND MISSING MOTHER Kelly Currin Morris. Then I went to my OLD HOME TOWN for the first time in many years. Then I went back again the Sunday after Thanksgiving. And OUR CHRISTMAS TREE was put up way early. Let's just say I think November 2009 is the best month I've had in almost a decade.

December 2009 - I was "JUST JENNIFER" for a day when I went to Wilmington. My brother GRADUATED from college. I was extremely proud. My husband was tempted to give me an early Christmas gift, a GPS. Got SICK again, but had a great CHRISTMASwith my family.

All in all 2009 was very positive. I lost some, I gave some, I learned some and I received some.

Remember what I said about 2008?

No comments: