Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lil Piece of Me

Thomas Wolfe wrote a book called You Can't Go Home Again. There are places in my past that I love. On Monday November 16th, I took a road trip to a place that I have longed to be since I was last there. While my memories of this place decrease with each year that I live, what I do remember is how much I love the friends I made and moments I had.

One of my favorite places was right here ...



in this nook, I read many books. I probably would have read every book in that library had stayed there long enough. As I walked into the library, the familiar smell of books hit me. The kind Librarian greeted me just as she (well not that exactly Librarian that would be kind of scary eh?) had done well over 22 years ago.

From this spot, I drove on to another place I spent a lot of time. I spent a lot of time on slides, Merry Go Rounds and seesaws, but I spent a lot of time sitting right here watching people come into the building.




This building: Our Church.


Then after spending some time around the swings, merry go round and seesaws, I drove down past where I used to live. I must say it looks exactly how it does in my memory. I snapped a quick picture while driving past and went onto my former elementary school. I only took one photo because the building made me sad. This part was condemned a few years ago and they have recently built a new elementary school combining the students from another school with "ours." What memories I have from this building.



Then I realized that I can go back and see some old friends that I haven't seen in 21 years. That would be nice. We've all aged, but we're all essentially the same people. And guess what ... we can go home again.

No comments: