Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Welcome to Living the Lyme Life

Welcome to everyone who has found their way to my blog. I started this journal in September of 2008. I had already been in Lyme treatment for 18 months. I wish I had begun it earlier. The name of my blog would have likely been Living a Symptom filled with no actual diagnosis Life. What a mouth full.

My name is Jennifer and this is my blog. I actively began fighting the world of Lyme & Co-infections March of 2007. Actually my fight began well before then. It honestly began in 1995. Though since my diagnosis in 2007, I've dabbled in mineral deficiency, progesterone defiency, heavy metal toxicity and other health issues. I had a PICC line inserted into my right arm in July of 2008. I battled with it every day until February 2009. It probably should have been pulled on many occasions though I had wonderful nurses, doctors, insertion team and my husband to help me keep it as long as I needed it. I used it right up until the night before it was finally pulled.

My IV wasn't used to ABX therapies. It was used for vitamins, minerals and other supplemental therapies such as Chelation. I used an extremely experiemental IV protocol for about 9 months, but it is no longer available. I rarely talk about it because it's so controversial and it's no longer available. I'm angry about that however because I feel like that IV did more for me in 9 months than anything else I tried.

I try to live my life the best I can. Currently, I'm doing well. I use LDN Cream to keep my immune system functioning the best it can. Lyme ruled my life for a while, but I'm just a woman trying to live my life the best I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive. My husband and I got married in April 2000. He's my rock. Up until recently (when my brain actually started working), he went with me to almost every single doctor appointment. He supports me with his quirky sense of humor and selfless determination to get to the root of my health issues. Google was his best friend when I was having so many issues and we couldn't find answers in 2006. He found my LLMD and he helped me fill out all the paperwork to see him.

We have two dogs that we rescued a long time ago. One is a lab mix that we adopted from the SPCA when he was about 8 months old. We also rescued a Dachshund from a house. I went over to this house with a friend of mine to donate clothes for the mother. When we arrived, there was a terrible stench that greeted us. The house was full of children and pets. I mentioned how many pets they had and the lady said they were trying to get rid of one of them. I found this lovely scared overweight Dachshund under the couch. I told the lady I would take her to the SPCA and find her a home. I fell in love and she's been under our loving care ever since. She's definately no longer shy, but does get scared at new people. She's no longer overweight either!

I work in a child care school. Although I used to work full time in a preschool classroom, it became difficult to continue to do so. So for a while I taught 3 & 4 year olds how to read outside of the classroom in small groups. A lot of the children I have taught in the past are now in Academically Gifted programs. It makes me so proud to know that they took the basics I taught them and expanded into very gifted students. I just recently saw one of my students that I taught at 3 and 4 and she's now in 4th grade. Last year, I worked iwth another lady that help my same position. Because I am very loved in the classroom, I released all my students to her and began floating around in the preschool rooms. Though I am capable in younger classrooms as well, my passion is those preschool students.

In addition to all of this, I love taking photographs, going to Carolina Basketball games and listening to WCU's Pride of the Mountain Marching Band.

No comments: