Thursday, April 9, 2009

I am CDC POSITIVE for Lyme Disease

The important announcement I have to make is self explanatory. I am CDC positive for Lyme Disease for the IGM results. The "sample" test I showed you .. was MY test.

IGM is indicative of a current infection
IGG is indicative of a current infection or a past exposure or a past infection.

MY TEST RESULTS:


IGENEX IGM RESULT: POSITIVE
CDC/NYS RESULT: POSITIVE

18kDa: ++
22kDa: -
**23-25 kDa: +
28kDa: -
30 kDa: +
** 31kDa: -
** 34kDa:-
** 39 kDa: IND
** 41 kDa: +
45kDa:-
58kDa:-
66kDa:-
73kDa:-
** 83-93 kDa: IND

For the Igenex test results to be positive, two or more ** numbers have to be positive.
For the CDC test results to be positive, FIVE of the bolded numbers have to be positive.

IGENEX IGG RESULTS: NEGATIVE
CDC/NYS RESULTS: NEGATIVE



18kDa: -
22kDa: -
**23-25 kDa: -
28kDa: -
30 kDa: -
** 31kDa: IND
** 34kDa:-
** 39 kDa: IND
** 41 kDa: ++
45kDa:-
58kDa:-
66kDa:-
73kDa:-
** 83-93 kDa: -



To recap: My IGM is POSITIVE by CDC Standards. This is considerable validation. From all the research I have done .. this means I am creating ANTIBODIES to fight a current infection. This is quite scary indeed, but I will find out more on my May 2nd LLMD appointment.

My IGG is negative by both CDC and IgeneX standards, but if one of my IND had been a + instead ... it would have a positive by IgeneX standards.

IND means that there was a light band there, but not dark enough to be called a +

There is your Lyme Testing 101 .. Any Questions? :D

4 comments:

Joey Za said...

My Igenex Western Blot was opposite...

IgG + 5 bands and 2 IND's

And NADDA on IgM...

Weird huh!

Joey Za said...

Sorry this is actually Shandy from Eureka, but I was logged in under my fiance's name :)

Jennifer said...

Shandy, my original test from IgeneX was Negative (although I did have some positive, double positive and IND on both IgG and IgM). (on the "wrong" bands)

I have been treated entirely clinically by my LLMD. (as i'm sure you are as well).

It's been two years since I started with my LLMD and finally got a full on positive on the IgM.

I'm glad that I got something on both even if the IgG was negative .. I still had 2 IND and a +. :D I'll take that on top of the Positive.

How did you find me?

monkey girl said...

Congrats!

I'm sure you understand. My Igenex test was one I didn't want to fail. :)

To finally have a positive answer, it was a relief to finally have answer that was unequivocal, couldn't be questionable. To know where to go from there.