Sunday, November 8, 2009

Glasses



For the past two plus years, I have been sporting this look. I went to get my eyes examined shortly after my diagnosis of Lyme Disease. The very cool thing about these particular glasses are that they are Green on the inside. I thought by the time I was to get new glasses that I would not have Lyme or be seeing my Lyme doctor any more. I was wrong. I went on Friday morning for my annual check up. I say annual, but really I haven't been in over two years.

I just don't do doctor's appointments that well. I have crazy fears and I'm not even sure where some of them came from. It has taken time, but I do love my eye doctor's office. The lady in the frame department is phenomenal with me. She took her time when I started going there just talking me into the door and then talking me into looking at frames and etc. Then finally scheduled an appointment for me. This was about 5 pair of glasses ago. I tend to go with the same style of glasses for two eye visits. I am not much on change so something that changes my "face" that drastically just isn't cool. So I go in one time wanting an upgrade and I spend about a month trying on frames and taking photos of myself in said frames.

The day I went in to schedule my appointment 2 and 1/2 years ago, I tried on three pair until I saw these.



I put them on, took a photo in them, put my regular glasses back on and looked through the camera lens to see what I looked like. It was like a whole new person. So when I went into the frame department this time, I knew what I wanted for another year or two.



Why would I want anything else when I finally found glasses that not only have style, but that fit my face? I had a shock when I went in though. The place didn't have them! I almost went into a state of panic until my sweet frame lady called Kate Spade Company herself to find out if they still carried these frames. Yes they do and my sweet frame lady ordered them for me.



Now something amazing miraculous happened when I went for my appointment. Something that can only be attributed to God. Something that has NEVER happened since I started wearing glasses. I was warned 2.5 years ago that I definitely needed to come in after only a year. That if I didn't my prescription would likely change so drastically that it would call for bi-focals (for those that dont' know which shoudl be likely ALL of you except one or two I wore bi-focals for a long time and a while back my doctor realized that I didn't *need* them). So I was all about Yes I will be back in a year. Yes I will. Well that year passed. In fact, two years passed. So with that said, Something miraculous happened. My prescription stayed the same! If I don't want them, I don't NEED new glasses. I don't NEED new lenses and I don't NEED new frames. However, I *want* new frames because my current frames are a bit worn out and I *want* new lenses because my current ones are scratched.

I want to scream from the mountain tops that:

Lyme didn't take more from me. :) My eyesight has not changed in the 2 plus years I've been in treatment even though the eye doctor said it would! Yah!


2 comments:

Renee said...

Great news, Jennifer! And I like your frames!

Pamela said...

Woo Hoo - that's awesome, Jennifer!