Saturday, September 19, 2009

Trinity of Health

I have been going through a very good spell. I have been happy. I woke up yesterday morning with a pain. It's a pain I haven't felt in a year. I stood up and felt a pain. I thought maybe I slept wrong and the pain would be gone by the time I got to work. The further I drove, the worse the pain got. By the afternoon, I felt like limping. I knew that it would be a mistake to limp around because well ... that would cause the other leg to hurt. Last night I finally went into my bottom drawer. I haven't gone in that drawer since I fell and hurt my wrist back when I got my picc line in. I pulled out my ice/heat pack (that I promptly microwaved for 90 seconds), thick ace bandage and ankle brace.

I applied the ace bandage all the way from my knee to my heel. Then applied the ankle brace and then next the heat. Consider this: Ace Bandage is the Father. The one that supports you from the base no matter what. Ankle Brace is the Son. This is something that is even more specific that supports a specific need. The heat is the Holy Spirit. It's something that you just feel. I could have used ONE of the three, but it would not have helped. I needed ALL THREE things to improve the pain. Is the pain still there this morning? Yes, but I have better mobility this morning because I used ALL THREE. The Father (the Ace Bandage), The Son (the ankle brace) and The Holy Spirit (the Heat).

John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.


2 comments:

Renee said...

This is a fantastic analogy, Jennifer. Enjoyed it very much.

Jennifer said...

So glad you did.