Monday, August 31, 2009

Senate Bill Update and good news

Remember this post about Senators & Senate Bill 958.

I have wonderful news. Senate Bill 958 in NC has passed, been ratified and signed by Governor Purdue.

There were a total of 6 "votings". First was a vote to amend the bill. It passed 48 to 0 in the Senate. Then there was a 2nd reading in the Senate. It passed 47 to 1. They amended it a 2nd time and the amendment passed 44 to 0. The third reading passed 42 to 1. It went to the House and passed the second reading there with a vote of 110 to 0 and the Senate passed it with a vote of 47 to 0 to send to the Governor's desk for signing.

As you may recall, I sent out letters to all the North Carolina Senators and even visited Congress to speak to representatives about the bill before it even had an assigned number.

If you want to see the Ratified Bill, look here.

I am so stoked. I say Jennifer 1 Naysayers 0

Thank you all Senators & House of Representatives of North Carolina that are reading my blog. I appreciate you saying yes to the bill about disciplinary proceedings of the NC medical board. Thank you so much.

1 comment:

Anna McCarthy said...

yay!!! Liberation now.