Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tortoise strategy

This blog is going to be me blurting out and not doing a lot of editing. Typically I write a blog and go back and do a lot of editing. It helps it make sense and keeps me from rambling. Expect a lot of rambling tonight. I'm feeling a bit ADD! huh? What's that? I'm supposed to be blogging about the Tortoise Strategy? Okay let me get to it!

If the hare and tortoise are racing, the tortoise wins the race. Slow & Steady.
This is the strategy I'm using this round of supplement. I started off slower than normal. On Sunday night, I began my B12 & LDN. On Monday, I added B6 to my regiment. Today I added Selenium to my regiment. Slowy, but steadily I am adding one thing each day.

By the end of the weekend, I should theoretically be on

LDN (at night only)
B6 (twice a day)
B12 (at night only)
Iron (am trying to get up to 4 capsules a day; will start off at 1 capsule a day)
Selenium (for now once a day)
Zinc (for now once a day)
Vitamin C (am trying to get up to 4 grams per day to be taken with the Iron)
Magnesium Serene

So far this round I have taken 4 of the 8 things. Tomorrow, I plan on adding the Vitamin C & Iron. Both of which I have taken before. They should (theoretically) not cause me any problems. I had a small headache yesterday. The other thing that was bothering me was I seemed to be extra sensitive to noises. I was trying to go to sleep and every little noise made me jump. The LDN also seemed to cause me to have quite a few dreams during the night. I jumped awake several times from them last night. While I don't mind dreams, it's difficult for me to dream all night because I don't feel well rested when I wake in the morning. I feel as if I've done a lot of stuff in my dreams (especially if they are work related). I had a dream about trying to capture these praying mantises (what is the plural for praying mantis anyway?). I had a dream about hanging out with old friends. I had a dream about running into a friend I haven't seen or talked to in 20 years. Dreams about work, dreams about home, dreams about food, ... by the time I woke up this morning, I was sick and tired of dreams!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In reality we need dreams, it means we have reached the deep REM stage of sleep which is essential for our bodies to heal

When I was the sickest I didn't dream at all...now I do again and am thankful for it.

Weird dreams, yes, but it is our mind clearing stuff out.

Pleasant Dreams!

Renee K

Jennifer said...

I don't mind dreams. I don't even mind a lot of dreams, but when it comes to the point where I am waking up every 15 minutes because I'm dreaming then there's a problem. Makes me feel as if I've "worked" all night instead of slept (especially if they are work related dreams).

Kara said...

So how is all of this going? I hope it is helping!