Sunday, August 23, 2009

Glutton for punishment part 2

Was I glutton for punishment yesterday or did I turn out just fine. Well I have yet to determine the punishment of yesterday, but I will say I had a wonderful time at both (yes I said both) parties. How did I tackle each item on my list? What list you ask? The list of things of why I would have said no.

1. Driving to both places and getting lost:

Driving to Kellie's was a breeze. I've been there before so that made it easy. I came across another problem that I had to handle though. On my way there, I called Kellie to let her know that I was indeed coming. She warned me about the rain. Okay when she said rain, I thought it was just the standard rain. No this was a torrential downpour! Every single car had on their flashing lights and many were pulled off the side of the road. When I could, I made an exit to get gas and stayed there until the rain subsided a bit.

Driving back to the 2nd party wasn't as easy as I had anticipated, but I only made one wrong turn. Or rather I didn't turn when I was supposed to. There wasn't a sign for the street I was supposed to turn on so after I got all the way to the end of the road and turned around, I took a chance that the unmarked street was the street I needed to take knowing that if I made it down the street more than 1 mile that it wasn't the street. I had all but decided if it wasn't the street I was going back home. I found the guy's house easily. :o)

2. People and feeling at ease.

At Kellie's, I was immediately put at ease. After all, I did know some of her family from when I was in HS so it wasn't that I was in a situation where I only knew the hostess. My plan was to stay for a couple of hours and go home. I had so much fun that I wound up staying well past when I needed to have left. I didn't leave until past 4. This would put me being late to the other party, but I was having so much fun laughing that I didn't want to leave.

At the HS party, it took me a bit to feel at ease. However, I'm glad I toughed it out the first few awkward 30 minutes. If I had chosen to leave, I wouldn't have seen some of my very good friends. I won't list these friends, but it was nice for them to see me being myself! In HS I was extremely anti-social. I was an observer not much of a talker. I found myself walking from groups to groups (aka Cliches) actively participating in conversation last night. Most of the people there last night didn't really know about my health condition and the ones that did told me I looked marvelous!

As far as confined spaces, no one there had an obvious cold or illness. Hopefully, I will be able to keep my immune system in check. If I don't, I had such a good time that I don't care! :o)

3. Skipping my supplements.

I did it and I don't care! It was nice not taking a single thing in the day.

4. Fashion on both hands: I had not planned on wearing a dress. I'm not so much of a dress wearer, but for Kellie's party I wanted to wear my new dress. After all, I don't go to many events where a dress could be worn. So I wore my beautiful brown/white sun dress. :) Because I left Kellie's party so late, there was no time to change into the pair of capris and shirt I was going to wear. So I went straight to the HS reunion party in my dress. I got a whole lot of compliments on my clothes. I am so unused to that. It was such an odd feeling being asked where did I get the dress and it was so cute! It felt really good to be wearing something that fit in with what everyone else was wearing. I think I'm learning! :o)

5. Lyme rearing it's ugly little head. I only had a very few symptoms yesterday. One was losing my balance at the 2nd party on a number of occasions. I was embarrassed, but hope it didn't show. Fortunately, only one person said a word about my loss of balance. That person said it out of caring even though he doesn't know about my illness. He jokingly said I should "get that checked out" or "maybe you shouldn't be driving home" insinuating I must have had one too many (yeah for the record I didn't drink at all at the 2nd party .. not even regular drinks b/c I wasn't for certain that they weren't spiked ... which they weren't).

Bottom line is that I had so much fun. I left my house a little after 9am yesterday morning. I got to kellie's about 11:30. I didn't leave Kellie's until about 4:30 and arrived at the reunion about 6:45. I had only planned on staying an hour at the max. Uh yeah I didn't leave until past 12:35. I didn't get home until 1:05 this morning.

Some people knew exactly who I was and others were struggling for recognition. So that was quite funny because I knew they were remembering the interior/exterior of the girl I was and how could I possibly be her. I even heard, "There is NO way that you are that girl." OMG I almost wanted to crawl in a hole, but I didn't!

And I don't even know about pictures. I didn't take a single photo at the 2nd party. So we'll see if anyone posts them later.

This was my favorite photo of the night that someone else took. These are two of my friends from High School. One was a girl that I talked to often and the other is a guy that I had in a couple of classes. Spent the majority of time last night hopping from group to group, but I had my best time with these two!




1 comment:

Kara said...

So happy you had a terrific time! That definitely made it all worth the effort. I love it when a plan comes together!