Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hi/Lo Thursday

This post is part of "Hi/Lo Thursday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to read everyone else's "Hi/Lo" posts and get your link on their site.

(I couldn't figure out how to get the Hi/Lo button to work)

The Highs of the week:

I was able to go to a winterguard competition and see my friends compete. It has been over years years since I have been able to do this so the fact that I was able to go two times this year ... it really felt like I was flying high.

Although, it was predicted ... the snow on Monday was a real high for me. It has snows three times at my house this year. We rarely get one snow much less three.

I had a huge weight removed off my shoulders a week ago today. Literally. My hair stylist removed probably 10 or more inches of hair and bulk out of my hair. The new style felt wonderful and I felt beautiful for the first time in years.

I celebrated my "two year anniversary" with my doctor on Sunday. It makes me so happy that I have come so far in the last two years. I also took a picture of my supplements that I was on and then the amount of stuff I will be taking over the next few months. The difference is amazing.

On a similiar note, I received an email from Senator John Snow (foreshadowing the snow we had on Monday???) on Friday saying he supported the bill that will help North Carolina Integrative Medicine.


****************************************************
Where there are highs .... there are lows.

My one and only low this week was already posted yesterday. It makes me so sad that I can't get a hang of my new hair cut. Take a look right here to see what I mean if you missed yesterday's post.

3 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

You crack me up! You will get the hang of your hair or it will grow back LOL Have a great weekend!

Cheri said...

I just found your blog and it made me laugh when I scrolled down to read about your hair crisis! I have really curly hair, and I will wear it in a curly style and a straight style. One KEY component I LOVE is this product called All Day Straight. NEW FOUND COMPONENT that is easier to work than the traditional CHI is something my husband found off an infomercial. It's called an "In Syler". I have a ton of long hair and if pushed can have it done in 10-15 minutes. You may not have the hair gene but you will improve with practice! Visit my blog when you have time and you can always ask hair quesitons!!! Cheri

Jennifer said...

So glad I was able to make two people laugh today! Welcome Cheri to my blog. :)