Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Laughter Lives Tuesday

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.

Okay so this laughter is produced by my own stupidity. :o)

So I was on IM the other day with a very good friend of mine (real life friend) and we were casually talking about something. I remember the exact conversation, but I do not want to post about *that* conversation here.

However at one point my friend used an acronym. For the life of me, I could NOT figure out what this stood for other than the OBVIOUS .. but the way she used it in a sentence I knew that was NOT what she was talking about.

So to provide optimal laughter

Acronym: FB

My thoughts on what it was:

Facebook (obvious right)
Football
Flower Bed
Fancy Bachelor
Farmer Boots
Fish Bait

Those were just a few of the things I said, but some of the things I *thought* were

Funny Banana
Floral Bunches
Florida Beaches
Flounders Bite
Food Blender

So moral of the story ... even if it's OBVIOUS to you what the Acronym is. maybe you should hold off on Acronyms for me. *** Uh one reader wanted to know what FB actually stood for in this case. I am too embarrassed to say! ***

I once thought LOL was lots of love
ICAM ... Incompetent Can-opener Apparatus Machine

I won't even tell you what I thought LMAO meant. :D (for those that don't know it actually means Laughing My Ass Off)

6 comments:

elteescat said...

Don't feel bad, I STILL don't know what LMAO means!!!!

GammySel said...

don't feel bad- I have NO idea what half of the acronyms are that are used, so I am jumping on the band wagon too!
Angie

Jennifer said...

elteescat:

Apparently LMAO is Laughing My Ass Off. LMFAO is Laughing My Fat Ass Off. AND apparently, ROTFLMAO is rolling on the floor laughing my ass off!

:D I asked FOUR people today what FB was and every single one said Facebook. After I said that was incorrect, their second guess was right!

MOMSWEB said...

And FB is.....?

MOMSWEB said...

Ohhhhhhh (lol). Now I'm happy I didn't know what it was (smile).

Kara said...

I just found your blog the other day and have been reading through your old posts. Love it! I can really identify with what you have been through. I also have Lyme Disease. Not sure when I got it. But, looking back I am confident I had it for at least 15 years before my diagnosis. I was diagnosed a year ago. Several years of my life have been "hellish" but I have survived. Thank the Lord. He always provides a way -- most of the time not when I'd like him to or how, but he does and it always works out for the best. I have been through years of PICC lines and central line catheters. I had the last one removed a year ago. Hooray! My husband has kept a blog for almost 3 years now and much of my story is there.

http://15minutesofdelusion.blogspot.com

You'll have to go back through the archives. Lyme Disease has totally changed my life. I now appreciate life in ways I never would have otherwise. My faith has grown by leaps and bounds. I am much more compassionate and caring and easy going and soft spoken. I have also learned what is important in life and that knowledge I treasure.

I am married and have 2 girls. We all have Lyme Disease. Treatment is tough, as we all know. My husband is the only one who can tolerate antibiotics. He is in his 9th month of treatment. Myself and my 2 children are using a more integrated therapy. I wish we could find a doctor in Texas who could treat us similiarly to how you are being treated. Your doctor sounds fabulous! Our doctor is brilliant and is doing a good job overall. Wish he was a little stronger on integrative therapies.

Keep up the great blogging! May the Lord bless you with peace and healing.