Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's been one month

This message is going to be discombobulated. I'm just writing to write. I am not editing therefore I apologize in advance for any run-on sentences or misspellings. :) (Missy IGNORE THEM). :) Also sometimes my head goes faster than my head so I might start a sentence and stop it mid sentence. Uh sorry about that. I think it in my head and even think I've typed it, but yeah .. I haven't.

On to the regularly scheduled post:

It has been one month today that my PICC Line was removed. It's been one month as of yesterday that I had a treatment for Lyme Disease (minus supplements that I've been on the last week). It's been one month and two days since I last had an IV for heavy metal poisoning. It's been one month and one day since I got a saline/heparin injection. It's been one month since I've seen my doctor.

ONE MONTH!!!! One WHOLE month! I have been up to my doctors in the last month a whopping 4 times.

February 7 ~ get picc line removed & appointment
February 24 ~ MSA testing
February 25 ~ blood work.
Then on March 3rd to bring balloons to the office for a a miracle two years of treatment. (though it was on March 1st .. March 3rd was the first day they were open.

What did I miss you ask? Well, I would have been to get my picc line changed on:
11th, 18th, 25th, March 4th. There would have been some sort of "emergency" too. I probably would have had 1 treatment for Lyme and 1 treatment for Heavy Metals. Those would have more than likely been done on the same day as a dressing change, but sometimes that couldn't be arranged so add in 2 more days. So far that would have been 7 days at the doctor's office in addition to the 7th appointment, 24th MSA, 25th blood work. So make that 9 days at the doctor's office in a month. 9 days out of 20 days they are open. OMG. How grateful am I that I was only there for 4 days of the 20? Words can not explain. That means also that I was minus 5 days of pain b/c those picc line changes are not fun. I had one day of pain instead. The blood draw was not fun and I still have a bruise 10 days later from where they took blood.

How am I doing?

Well, I am exhausted. I think it is mainly thanks to my friend PMS, but I am exhausted none-the-less. I've taken more naps in the last week than I have in the last 4 months. However, I do feel rested when I finally do wake up, which is really good. I also think that part of my problem is the pollenating *bastards* trees that are starting to pop out with little spring buds.

On a senator letter front: I had two letters returned to sender. The address is not correct. So I think I will send an email to these senators. I also received a list of the other representatives of congress. So I suppose another letter will have to be written (er make that 170 letters or so), printed off, stuffed into envelopes, addressed (which is quite a task of it's own), stamped, sealed, and sent off. Quite an undertaking for someone that even two years ago could barely write her own name .. much less coordinate such a process.

No comments: