Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Another Winterguard Comp

On this past Saturday (2/28/09), I went to another Winterguard show. I had so much fun watching my "friends" perform. Still wishing I was out there, but yet glad I didn't have the pressure of catching every toss and running from one end of the gym to the other. I might be "well" comparatively, but I am most certainly not ready to pick up a flag, rifle or sabre (and what the heck is an air blade????).

I could not do this move:




I love the look of this photo below. This group of girls made me smile too. I believe they are from Kinston North Carolina. They did a show called "Chaotic Dreaming." It reminded me of Living the Lyme Life ~ my actual life, not the blog.



Here below, we have Assembly Line again. See the guy in the front (with the black pants & suspenders)? He remembers me from my early 90 shows when I performed in High School. He saw me talking to a friend. He raised his eyebrows trying to place me when he remembered the school I marched with and it was nice to have someone remember me from when I wasn't sick. And when doing the following move would have been a piece of cake.



And the last picture: Can you spot what is wrong in this photo?



Need a hint? My friends in this guard are the only two without a blue flag. You see the one up front "flying" a plane. The other? She's SUPPOSED to have a flag. Ooops. Guess she dropped it. See all those peeps in the back of the gym? All of them are perfomers. While I was there, I ran into an old college friend. Always nice to see old friends.

I was so in my element and yet felt so out of place. I was on the wrong side of things, missing thing ... wanting to pick up a flag, rifle, sabre .. and yes even one of those really cool air blade things.

No comments: