Monday, March 9, 2009

update health/political front

*** unless I am feeling a bit on the witty front later *** Not Me Monday will be postponed or cancelled on my end. I apologize to those that look forward to my witty Monday humor, but I was not able to put anything together over the weekend like I normally am.
**** regularly scheduled post now commencing.

So I'm assuming that my Grandfather will be just fine since I've not heard a word, but continue praying. Not just for him.

I was feeling it yesterday, but I woke up just now with a doozy of a sore throat. This happens nearly every time I go to a hospital. I did everything by the book after I got home to prevent it, but my immune system just isn't strong enough. Please pray for me. I have a fever and a severe sore throat. Those are my only two symptoms as of yet. I work today for 5 hours. I suspect I'll make it through that part and then crash when I get home.

Not only was I exposed at the hospital, but it's been nothing but "sickies" at work the last few weeks too. PLUS like I said on Saturday morning, the trees are pollinating. So it could be a number of things. My specific job duty really needs me to be at work. I'm really the only one that can do this duty and I'm already planning on two much needed vacation days next week and missed one full day for snow last week. I have to teach 12 classes to each "group" in a normal 20 days. Now I have to teach those same amount of classes in 17 days. I only have about 2 hours a day to do so and I have more than 2 hours worth of groups. I don't have much room to play with and my doctor is wanting me to either take a day off or take a few hours off early to come to the General Assembly to help tell my story to the Legislators. (how exciting is that?)

My husband is more than likely taking off this coming Wednesday to tell our story and then it is my hope that I can go the next time on the 25th. I'm not sure if it will be possible, but if it is God's will for me to be there ... I will be there.

Let me try to go back to sleep. My throat is really quite painful and I have virtually nothing that I can take that doesn't knock me completely out. So I'll wait until I get home at 12:15 to take that tiny amount of Motrin/Tylenol that will knock me out into next week. Medications have weird effects on me. Either they don't work at all or they overwork. I never know each time what the effect is going to be. So I can't take it now b/c it might knock me into next week.

PS a friend of mine from HS had a baby girl yesterday March 8th. The baby was a bit early (3 weeks I think) and her lungs may not be ready. This friend has had quite a bit of what I call (not to be insensitive .. just my humor to deal with adversity) "baby making trauma" so please pray for her and her little one (just over 6 pounds and 19 inches long).

Obviously in normal circumstances, I would want to be there. BUT A: Baby needs time to do any healing that needs to be done B: Hospitals are like breeding ground for bacteria and exhibit Grandfather shows that hospitals & me can't be intermingled C: I am already concocting something and would hate to share. If it weren't for A & C, I'd be there in a heart beat.

Edited to add: Woke up at 5am without a fever. I woke up with that sweaty feeling and knew it was gone. Got up and it had dropped 2 degrees. Let's pray it stays that way, but I think I'll still take a nap when I get home from work. I already put the laundry that will need to be done this afternoon in the washing machine. That way all I have to do is put it in the dryer. It can wait there for a while if need be after it's dry! :D

No comments: