Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Friends

I have the best friend ever.

Seriously, this guy has seen the best and worst of me. He knows what makes me laugh, tries to stop me from crying before I start and most importantly he cares about me no matter whether I'm laughing or crying or my mood is somewhere in between. Other than my husband, he is the one person that I know I can call day or night and he'd be there in an instant no matter what he was doing. Today, I spent the afternoon with my best friend.

I do that a lot, but since I got my PICC Line I spent very little time with my friends. I felt like I just needed to kind of hide away from them and stay to myself. I hate doing that, but I felt like it was important that they not see me with a tube in my arm. Now why I felt the need to do this around the guy that has seen me at my absolutely lowest point, I don't know. But I did not see him a lot. However since January, we've hung out probably 5 times. (keep in mind that we used to see each other at least once a week sometimes as often as 5 times a week ... so 5 times in 2 months is actually not a lot of time for us)

In any case, it's back to the days of good ole J & J time. I love my J time. It takes my mind off my problems and we just focus on laughter. I honestly think if I said half of the stuff I say to anyone else, they'd look at me with a half cockeye look and say "Do what?" But he gets me. He gets my humor and even if he doesn't ... he sure puts on a good act. That's what best friends are for. I am very lucky to have him in my life. We've been friends for over 15 years.

Random words that remind me of my very best friend. :o)

Happiness, Smiles, Laughter, The Fray (much hilarity ensues if we hear any music by The Fray), Angus Beef, Hugs, Love, Snorting, Food, Music, Important, Caring, Family, Music, Silly, Dogs, Couch, Did I mention Music yet?, Tarheels, uh Music? :o) :o) :o)

In any case, Tell your friends that you love them. If yours are half as important to you as mine are to me, it is necessary to remind them how much you care. If you don't, they are liable to walk around this world not knowing how much they matter.

No comments: