Sunday, July 12, 2009

SYTYCD Review

I had a full and busy week so I did not get a chance to see this week's episodes until today. I will be keeping it short & sweet again. I love all of the dancers now so it's hard for me to suggest who might stay and who might go. I won't even suggest bottom 3 dancers because well they are all so superb. I love all of the girls.

Melissa & Ade: 1st dance Disco: I think Ade's strength lies in his strength. He can really get his lifts up high and it makes it look effortless. A couple of weeks ago the judges said something about "leaning so far" that if you "drop her, you drop her." Was that a little foreshadowing to Melissa falling at the end of this routine.

Melissa & Ade: 2nd Dance Waltz: Melissa is eloquent and Ade could have been a bit stronger in his performance. Overall an excellent routine, but there could have been a little more "oomph."

Favorite Mary Murphy Phrase: Pipe down English Muffin

total MPC: 4
****
Kayla & Kupono: Contemporary: These dancers are so extremely fortunate to be able to dance with the best choreographers in the world. Mia Michaels is only one of them and there is no one like her. Even though Kupono is one of my least favorite male dancers, he really pulled this routine off for me.

Kayla & Kupono: Broadway: Excellent Choreography. They were really lucky with two wonderful routines on this show. They could have put a little more into it because with the couples that are remaining ... great routine isn't going to cut it. They need to be superb!

Total MPC: 1
****

Caitlyn & Jason: Fox Trot: The judges liked it, but I actually didn't like it at all. I don't have much to say anything about the routine.

Caitlyn & Jason: Lyrical Jazz: This should be excellent since it is their own style. It was beautiful, but between the last dance and this one ... I fear for them.

Total MPC: 0
****

Phillip & Jeanine: Russian Folk Dance: Poor Phillip is all I have to say. I tell you that Jeanine can do anything that they throw at her. She is amazing.

Phillip & Jeanine: Jive: I seriously thought that Phillip rocked this. Too bad the RFD wasn't up to par. While Phillip isn't technically the best dancer, he is my favorite male. I think he's improved the most of all the dancers.

Total MPC: 3
Favorite phrase of the show by Tyce: Call 1-888-fan-friggen-tastic

****
Randi & Evan: Hip Hop: I love these two. They make my heart melt. They have thrown everything at these two. Poodles Butt, Pregnant Lady ... Remember the beginning when Evan was just worried about Randi's husband when he had to touch her?

Randi & Evan: Sumba: Randi has had to be way out of her comfort zone this whole season. They must have gotten wind she didn't wanna show skin and shake her groove thing and just ran with it. Not my favorite Sumba, but I love thes too. They make me smile.

Total MPC: 1
****

Brandon & Janette: Argentine Tango: Brandon has become one of my favorite male dancers. He can do just about anything. In fact, I don't know if he has not been able to do anything that they've given him. I'd have to go back and review my reviews, but what an amazing dancer. And Jeanette is awesome as well. They were fortunate to get paired with each other. I think they have allowed each other to grow so much as dancers.

Hysterical watching Nigel wait for the "Train."

Brandon & Janette: Jazz: These two are amazing dancers. I really think they can dance (Yes I do).

Total MPC: 4


Can't wait for next week's show. Top 10 dancers really are superb. They have to bring it to stay. And at this point I do know that one of my favorite male dancers left and then which lady left. It's good that they will be able to participate in the tour.

No comments: