Saturday, July 25, 2009

Exercise Challenge

I have decided that August is going to be exercise challenge month! I challenge each one of you to get off the couch and "do" something more than you're doing now! I began early by working out with this:




So far I have only unlocked "Boxing" activities, but let me tell you ... it has made the muscles in my shoulders and arms sore! I also sweated (in a good way and not in that Babesia way). I highly recommend this Wii game that's for sure! Right now on Amazing, it's only 19.99. Normally it's 29.99. You can also use it with your Wii Balance Board, but I haven't done that yet.

I want to start a reasonable goal which is one that I think I can obtain. My goal is to work out 3 days a week. I'm not going to set a time amount per work out because once I actually start working out ... I tend to go for at least 30 minutes. Wish me luck!

I'm hoping that jumping on this exercise wagon will encourage Rob to join in as well. He needs to work on losing weight to help his heart health.

3 comments:

Charisse said...

GOOD JOB!!! Way to go!!! I am so happy for you that you even have the energy "to get off the couch and "do" something more." I started working out and eating healthier about 6 weeks ago. I have lost 11 pounds and I am starting to see a bit of tone and definition in my arms. Its exciting to see these changes. Have fun with it. And again, GOOD JOB!!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Charisse!

Kara said...

Thanks for the motivating words! I need to start exercising again. Probably will wait until the girls are back in school. I am very busy around the house with them home. No couch sitting these days... :-)