Friday, July 17, 2009

Former Friday ~ Car Experience II

Wrote this one on August 18, 2007. Again it has been edited for grammar issues. I've almost had this car for TWO WHOLE YEARS. :D I still love it!

Car Buying Experience II

I mentioned in my previous blog that my mother in law's car was on it's last leg. Now we've known for a while that it was dying a slow death, but we really weren't in the market for a new car. This past week it got up to over 100 degrees every day and my MIL's car does not have air conditioning. That's not conducive to anybody driving much less an older woman with some health issues. So, we had a decision to make. What kind of car would I be getting so that I could give her my car.

My old cars: Chevy Nova, Toyota Camry, Chevy Cavalier. If you're anything like me, you notice the ABAB pattern of this crazy car ride, my next obvious choice would be another Toyota. Hmph, I wasn't sure that I wanted another Toyota so I decided to go check out the Honda dealership. I figured if I wasn't going to go with the ABAB pattern, then I was going to go with the C pattern. Chevy, Camry, Cavalier, CIVIC. That was going to be my new car. So I went to the dealer and sat in one. I didn't like the way I felt when I sat in it and I don't know you guys, but since I have to commute 90 minutes a day I wasn't about to get a car that I didn't like how the seats felt. So off to the Toyota dealership.

I had decided since it was going to be a C name that I would be getting a Toyota Corolla. There was a beautiful blue baby on the website that had my name written on it because if you recall from the previous blog all of my cars have been blue. So I walked around the found the "perfect" car. This so called perfect car was TOO BRIGHT. It was burning my retinas kind of bright. So I walked around and had almost decided to get the almost exact colored blue that I already had when I saw it. The most beautiful color I had ever seen. This car was absolutely radiant. I had to have it. I walked over and it was too expensive. We had already decided on the much more sensible 18,000 dollar car so this one at 26,000 was way too much.

We went home and I couldn't stop thinking about this car. Sky Blue Pearl! (so close to Carolina Blue that well it's perfect for me). So I did a little research. First there was financial research. Could I afford this car? Could I afford this car with few options? Were there any of this car in this color with fewer options? I discovered a car on the dealers website that was about 22,000. I could afford that one.

So we went back to the dearlership to look for it. We could not find it anywhere, but my darling hubby asked the salesman about it (can you believe that?). We ordered the car sight unseen and during the week I did my part (pre-financing, all the paperwork at the dealer, and got the check from the bank) and on Thursday I picked up my brand new car!

So now in my driveway, I have a 2007 Toyota Camry LE in Sky Blue Pearl! It is absolutely beautiful.

No comments: