Monday, July 20, 2009

Manic Monday

Back to life, back to reality!

I had to go back to work today for the first time in 9 days. The building was practically empty. Until 9am, we only had 6 children with a slew of teachers. When I left, there were probably 15 children. The majority of the teachers and children said their goodbyes on Friday and moved to their new buildings today. I missed my opportunity to say goodbye to some teachers, but I don't do goodbyes so well.

I spent the day tearing love off the walls, floors and tables. I removed contact paper, pictures and things that other teachers had put their heart and souls into. It was quite painful, yet I know these are the things I must do in order to handle this change.

When I arrived to work today, I was told that one of our friends was losing her baby. I talked to her on the phone and they were about to take her to surgery. I know this will be a painful time for her especially since her friends won't be there when she is able to return. Please pray for my friend A.

Only a few minutes after hearing about my friend's tragedy, my other friend announced she's pregnant. The highs and lows of the day were awful. I will be in "charge" tomorrow for a good portion of my day. Please pray that only good things happen on my watch tomorrow. Today when I was left in "charge" the phone must have run 20 times in the span of an hour. Many times two lines would ring at the same time! *ahhhhhh*

No comments: