Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blog Hop Recipe

First of all, I am pretty much an idiot in the kitchen. It has to be very simple for me to be able to make it. Years and years ago I wanted to "surprise" Rob by making something. So I dug through the depths of the internet and found an easy Peach Cobbler.

Simple Peach Cobbler

2 Large Cans of Peaches (sliced)
1 box of Yellow Cake Mix
1/4 to 1/2 a stick of butter
Cinnamon

Pre-Heat the oven to 350 degrees

Drain the peaches and save all the juice in a container for later use. Place some of the peaches to cover the bottom of a square glass baking dish. It's not necessary to cover the entire bottom of the square dish.

Sprinkle some cake mix onto the peaches. Once you've covered the peaches with a small layer of cake mix, pour a bit of the peach juice over the top of the cake mix to make it moist. Then cut the butter into pats and place these on top of the peach/cake mixture. Stab a fork into the mixture in about 10 places so that the peach juice can flow towards the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle Cinnamon (as much or as little as you prefer) on top.

You will want to repeat this whole process at least once. If you use another can of peaches, you can fill the baking dish more. You will find that you have extra cake mix left over at the end of the process. You can save this for future recipes. You will also not need to use the entire container of peach juice. You'll probably want to toss this unless you plan on making another batch right away. :o)

Place baking dish into oven at 350. I find that it's ready after about 30 minutes, but sometimes it takes as long as 45 minutes to be done. It's not a "normal" peach cobbler, but it sure is yummy. I hope ya'll enjoy.



MckLinky Blog Hop

5 comments:

confused homemaker said...

Great idea & it's looks super simple to do. Thanks for sharing.

happy hopping:)

Renee said...

I use this too, jennifer and I have put Rhubarb and cherry pie filling in place of peaches. I put fruit in the bottom of the pan, the cake mix over it and 1/2 cup milk on top with more fruit. Yummy!!! And easy for us who like ti easy in the kitchen.

LucieP said...

ooh I love this!

LucieP said...

so when you say Lymes is that something like Lymes Disease?
My dad was just diagnosed with that last weekend....just peaks my curiousity, ya know?!

the brown couch said...

Hoppin through all these recipes is making me very hungry!

Deborah