Friday, July 3, 2009

Former Friday ~ Car Experience

Wrote this on August 17, 2007. I will also edit part of this for grammar mistakes I made.




I went from thinking of buying a new car to actually owning a new car. I never thought that this day would happen, but it has arrived. When my husband first proposed getting me a new car, I had some decisions to make. What kind of car would I get and what color and what options? So I took a look back at my past cars to determine my future car.

My first car was not so swell. My father bought me a beautiful (cough cough) 1988 Chevy Nova for Christmas of 1995. It was not attractive, but it was light blue AND more importantly
it got me back and forth from Western Carolina to home. That car met it's death in a drunk driving accident. My poor little Cassie (yes ... Cassie Nova ... SAD) met her untimely death while sitting in the Harrill Parking lot at Western. A drunk teenager flew down the hill and plowed right into her in 1999.

My second car was born. Since my car was totaled and the kid's father wanted to avoid insurance issues, he paid my Dad money for the Nova. It helped buy me another car. My husband (boyfriend at the time) put in money to help buy the wonderful 1989 Toyota Camry. Again, it was light blue. It had a sunroof and I loved the car. Fun fact about this car was that it was previously owned by a classmate from my high school. A few years later, the car was making me upset. The automatic seat belts weren't working properly and occasionally the car wouldn't start. I swore if she didn't start one more time, I would go to the dealership and buy a new car.

Thus, my third car was born. I found one on the internet and drove straight to the Hertz dealer and bought my current 2000 Chevy Cavalier. It was dark blue with remote keyless entry. How fun was that?!? I had bypassed the 90's and went straight for the 2000's. Now this car has been wonderful to me. I have enjoyed driving her. I was only given the opportunity to buy a new car based on the fact that my mother in law's 1988 model car is on it's last leg. We're planning on giving her my Cavalier.

I am out of time, but give me a few days (or less) and I'll write the experiences of buying the new car.

No comments: