Thursday, July 16, 2009

IN all the years

In all the years that I have worked and in all the years that I have been sick with Lyme Disease. I have *never* taken 5 days off in a row (including when I had Gallbladder surgery). In between jobs, yes there have been some time taken. However, I have never purposefully requested and been paid for 5 days off in a row.

Applaud now, for today is day number 4. Technically it's Day number 6 (if you're including Saturday and Sunday). I have not left the house even once since Saturday upon returning from the beach. I had some things that I should have done, but I decided that I was going to be lazy and rest. After all, that is what I needed more than anything.

So *clap* for me. I saw that I needed a "staycation" and took it. It will actually be a total of 9 days off in a row including the two weekends. I'm so glad I started my staycation with a day trip because it has caused me to relax. That is something I actually don't do very well. Even if my body relaxes, my mind just doesn't stop.

3 comments:

Shari said...

I am sure you deserve this time. Enjoy! :=)

Renee said...

Hi Jennifer
Enjoy! Rest...renew~
I did send you back a reply right away on the Praying For Lymies bio so I don't know what happened to it.
Yes, it is just fine, Jennifer. Thanks for all you work on it.

DDawson said...

Clap, Clap, Cheer, Cheer...enjoy!