Monday, July 6, 2009

Coming soon ...

In a few days, I will posting a message on change. With that said, I leave you with a few quotes:

Arnold Bennett said: Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.

Gail Sheehy said: If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.

Irene Peter said: Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed.

An unknown author said: If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.

And finally the Serenity Prayer:
God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
My own person song to a tune that's in my head that I have no idea how or where I heard it:

A change is a coming, oh yeah
A change is a coming, oh yeah
A change is a coming, a change is a coming, a change is a coming, oh yeah!

I don't like it, oh no
I don't like it, oh no
I don't like it, I don't like it, I don't like it, oh no!

My heart is aching, oh yeah
My heart is a breaking, oh yeah
My heart is a aching, and it's a breaking, my heart is a aching, oh yeah!

A change is a coming, oh yeah
A change is a coming, oh yeah
A change is a coming, a change is a coming, a change is a coming, oh yeah!

I will accept it, oh yeah
I will accept it, oh yeah
I will accept it, I will accept it, I will accept it, oh yeah

Though my heart is aching, oh yeah
my heart is a breaking, oh yeah
My heart is a aching, and it's a breaking, my heart is a aching, oh yeah!

A change is a coming, oh yeah
A change is a coming, oh yeah
A change is a coming, a change is a coming, a change is a coming, oh yeah!

***

All of this will make sense in a few days. There is a change a coming my way soon. I am not big fan of changes. I never have been. It typically takes me years to make adjustments to abrupt changes. Almost 5 years ago I wrote this "journal" after a sudden change. I dug through old files to find it today because I found out that a change is a coming.

2 comments:

Dawnua said...

I am assuming it's due to Lyme but only cause it affects every part of our lives. I hope this change is good. Sending hugs! Dawsonfamily05.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Actually it's not Lyme related at all.