Thursday, July 2, 2009

SYTYCD Review

My messages will be short and sweet this week:
Mary wasn't making her usual statement and affirmation statements this week. It was weird. She was very subdued. (a little disappointing for this MM fan)

1. Brandon & Janette: Cha Cha Cha ~ Considering Mia is on the panel, Brandon should be VERY nervous. I have to say that the slow backbend wasn't as hot as Evan & Randi's slow backbend from last week, but and there is a but ... this was a very hot routine. Very fast and very accurate and honestly very good. They got on the hot tamale train.


2. Kayla & Kupono: Contemporary ~ This is a very dark number with deep choregraphy. This was a very difficult number to perform and they did very well with it. They both took the storyline and they stuck to it. YES THEY DID! :P

Mary Murphy: Remained on the hot tamale train (without a whooo). Mary didn't use her Phrases, but NIGEL DID ... Nigel: Yes they are Yes they are :o) Haa haa

3. Randi & Evan: Broadway ~ First thing I think is how lucky they are. They get Broadway .. seriously?!? Jazz, Jive, Mia Michaels and now ... Broadway. I seriously hope that they knock this out of the park. Watching the rehearsal makes me nervous. I hope it's not a hot mess. I was slightly disappointed, but (and as the audience said .. and there is a but) I still love them! I expected a whole bunch more. Like Mia said, it was a bit heavy. Depending on what the others do, I fear that they will dip in the bottom 3 unless their fans call in for them. And I hate that because I adore them.


4. Kaitlin & Jason: Jazz ~ Oh great ... Alien finding last man to procreate with ... Am I going to go on this train ride? Why Yes, Yes I am! Some won't get it and some won't enjoy it, but I did.



5. Phillip & Janine: Hip Hop. Again ... how lucky are they? Phillip gets hip hop. They did this once already and rocked it. They had an added element of the chain. This could go terribly wrong, but it didn't. I think I'll be rewatching this because I enjoyed it so much. :o) Janine has turned into my favorite female. And I loved it when Phillip threw the key over his shoulder after Mary reminded them they would not be partners much longer. Last week Phillip's pants rip .. this week Janine's slip of the tongue. I love these two.


6. Melissa & Ade: Pas De Deux ... I can't WAIT to see this. Melissa en pointe. :o) So glad that the naughty ballerina gets to wear her pointes. :D She's very lucky to be able to dance in her element. I know for a fact that the other ladies wouldn't be able to dance en pointe. Okay maybe I don't know that, but .. I would have loved to have seen them try! I hope the viewers picked up the phone for them last night. They have no clue how extremely difficult that was not only for Melissa, but for Ade too. I hope a ballet company picks Melissa up after this show. She is SUPERB.

Mary said, "It certainly is a day (Ade) for firsts." I know she didn't mean the pun, but I chuckled a little remembering Nigel's pun from before.

7. Karla & Vitalio: Quick Step ~ My favorite dancing song Puttin on the Ritz. I actually did not enjoy it. Nigel and Mary loved it so I guess they know what they are talking about, but I didn't like it at all. I enjoy the Quick Step, but there is something about them that I'm just not fond of. I enjoyed the choreography, but I think I'd prefer another couple performing it.

No comments: