Monday, May 28, 2012

To Remember

Today is not a day about sales or cookouts or hanging out.

Today is a day to remember.

To remember those we've lost who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

I know the widow of one such man.


I never got to meet Daniel.  However, I knew his wife.  She was one of the best friends of my best friend's sister. She was one of my Dad's favorite students, if there are such a things as favorite students.  She fell in love with a guy and they got married in July of 09.  Then in February, they received the call that Daniel had been killed over in Iraq.  He was only days from his scheduled R&R leave.

So today --- let's remember our North Carolina hero.  Cpl Daniel T. O'Leary.



And please also remember my friend from middle & high school today.  He is over seas fighting for our country.  Every time he leaves, I'm worried until he returns.  This time he lost a few buddies in his unit just about a month ago.  So pray for my friend Kenneth.  One of my first friends when we moved and his family has a special place in my heart.

No comments: