Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 4 of Lyme Disease Awareness Month

It is the fourth day of Lyme Disease Awareness Month.

I forget that there are many acronyms that we use daily that we don't even have to think about, but that those without Lyme or newly Lyme diagnosed won't know.   Some of those are LLMD, ILADS and IDSA

LLMD stands for Lyme Literate Medical Doctor.

There are two kinds of doctors that "treat" Lyme.  Some are IDSA and some are ILADS.  In essence, IDSA doctors don't know the truth about Lyme.  ILADS are Lyme gurus that know about Lyme and co-infections (ticks give other things than just Lyme).  So if you go see a doctor, you want to make sure that they are ILADS affiliated.

ILADS - International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society

IDSA - I like to "pretend" that it stands for I DON'T SEE ANYTHING or I DON'T SAY ANYTHING, but it  actually stands for Infectious Diseases Society of America.

The reason I'm sharing all of these acronyms with you is because I wanted to share with you a video from the most recent ILADS conference where LLMD Dr. Horowitz spoke on a co-infection (one of the other things that Ticks can give) Babesia (also known as Babesiosis).  Dr. Horowitz is a top notice Integrative LLMD.  He is PRO Lyme Treatment is in one of the best in the nation for treating Lyme Disease.  The video is about 11 minutes long and starts off with someone introducing Dr. H.  Dr. H speaks french for the first minute or so, but then switches to English.

I hope you enjoy the video and I hope you find it educational.

http://youtu.be/fRBXpOPMxNE

No comments: