Sunday, September 23, 2012

15 years ago part 4

** continued **

On September 23rd, I started my email.  It was a doozy.  I listed all of the reasons why it would never work out, mainly that if I started dating him - it would be a rebound and that it was a long distance relationship and those never work out.  However at the end, I said that yes I would go out on a date with him.


That email - those few days - changed my life.  I began the journey with my husband 15 years ago today.  It seems like yesterday. 

It was a week or two later that I came down for our first "official" date - I met him at a local mall and he was standing at a bridge.  I have never been as nervous as I was on that date.  I had no idea what he had planned.  I had no idea what was in store. My palms were sweating as I drove past him and I was shaking when I got out the car.    Then we proceeded to have one of the best first dates.   Our first meal as a couple was at Burger King.  Our first date night - to see an obscure comic that I've loved forever, but he didn't know it.   Those few weeks changed my life.  I realized we can be a little spontaneous with our planning and I realized I was finally dating someone who cared as much about time as I did.  In fact, he's worse. LOL.  The other day he left for work at 8:15 and arrived to work at 9, but didn't need to be there until 10.

I often wonder if I hadn't changed my plans on the 21st - if we had just eaten a quick bite for breakfast instead of going on the unofficial perfect non-date - would I have said yes?  I'd like to think so.  :}


No comments: