Saturday, November 7, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance

There were 9 couples on Tuesday night's show. I already have a few favorite couples from last week's show, but I suspect that I will be surprised again. I am pleased that Billy Bell can come back at the Top 100 next season and that Brandon can reapply next season as well to potentially return to the Top 20. However, each season it's gets harder and harder to return. So I'm sure that they will have their work cut out for them. Noelle is also back to perform for the first time after she hurt her knee last week. Listing the top three dances for me in order of my most favorite routine to least favorite. Top four for me at this stage of the game: Kevin, Karen, Kathyn & Legacy. And my apologizes to poor Jakob. FOR some reasons that can only be blamed on Lyme Disease, I have thought his name was Jakde. Even when I saw it in print, I read "Jakde" and when I heard them pronouncing it I thought it was Jakde (Jake duh for those that might be wondering how to pronounce it in my head). So I'm so so sorry Jakob. If I ever accidently write "Jakde" on here, you all will know that i'm talking about Jakob. Now back to the regularly scheduled program ....




Kevin & Karen: I couldn't keep my eyes off of Karen because I was trying to see her mistakes. Guess what? It was EXCELLENT. Adam is cracking me up again this week by falling off the chair about Karen's hot tamale traine ride. So great to see Kevin working it out in his own style and right up in the train with Karen. I will have to watch this again just because it was so good. These pair have become my favorite.


Kathryn & Legacy: Absolutely beautiful & unique. The unique lifts, the jerkiness of movements and the extreme smoothness made for a beautiful routine. The color of Kathyn's dress partnered with the darkness of Legacy's clothing made for a beautiful couple. I can see these two sticking around for a long time especially if Legacy keeps improving the way he has the last few weeks.


Mollee & Nathan perform Bollywood for us. I was just thinking .. what if they have to do a Russian Folk number in a few weeks. I hope they don't throw that at us again. Lighting and music have a lot to do with the performance factor for me. So the beginning of the routine was my kind of lighting. I was completely surprised at how well Mollee wowed us in this routine. Both of them blew me away. They are so young and are performing so well. I hope they can keep up this kind of wow factor throughout the show. I know that Mollee was one of the last dancers picked for the show, but can you imagine the show without her? I can't. Nathan on the other hand was given a ticket to hollywood for this season during the summer audition. They knew he had that special factor and together they are completely awesome.

Kudos to Ellenore & Ryan to performing so well even with her dress caught on her heel 1/2 the time.

The bottom three couples for me were the ones that Nigel pulled up front to pull the bottom 4 dancers from. Bianca is the only one that is truly disappointing. She was my favorite pre-season dancer. She's just doing as well as I thought she would. Truly surprising. I am very disappointed that she had to go home so early, but honestly she was the right choice to leave based on the 30 second solos alone. Phillip also was sent home. He was my least favorite overall male dancer, but boy could he tap. I felt his solo was better than Victor's solo, but Victor has more potential to be an outstanding dancer in all areas. After hearing about the death of Phillip's father, I'm glad they didn't string him along with the whole come forward and go back business that is known in this show. Phillip has had a difficult week.

No comments: