Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Rememories

With my recent trip to UNC and also a spontaneous trip I took on the 16th, I have been thinking about my rememories. What you say? Rememories isn't a word? I'm going to post a few of my rememories starting with this post.

The first rememory is how I came up with the word. I was full of Lyme, but I didn't know it. I was mixing up all my words. Sometimes I couldn't think of the word phone, but instead I would say, "I need to use the ya know the thing you talk on." Or if I needed to find a pencil, I'd say, "Where's that thing with the lead and pink thing on the end?" It was frustrating, but did prove humorous (but I would have said humory) at times. There was the time where I swore the word was rememory. I said in perfect intonation, I was rememory today about the time .....

I was trying to say remembering or having a memory, but instead the word rememory came out. What's worse is that I couldn't understand why my friend was laughing at me. When I was told, I swore that I was using the right word. Bless my poor word finding heart.

A more recent rememory only happened a week or two ago at work.

I rarely post about work because I prefer to keep that part of my life separate from the blog. However, I have to share the funniest thing that happened about a week ago.

Part of my job has me teaching children letters, sounds and words that begin with those letters. Well this little boy was going through about 5 letters telling me the letter, a sound and a word for the letter. When we got to the letter B, he said, "B says 'buh' for 'bum'."

Because I wasn't sure I heard him correctly, I asked, "What is that?"

That's when he told me, "Well I don't know, but it rhymes with Drum and it starts with a B."

No comments: