Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Health Bang

Happy New Year everybody. My Mantra is that "In 2009, I will be fine." I'm sticking to it even if on the first day I have started with health crisis already.

Three days ago, I noticed a bit of itching on my face. I thought maybe I had a mosquito bite. Well it kept itching and yesterday morning I noticed a bit of a small rash. So last night I started my Candida protocol (aka Diflucan). This morning (Happy New Year to me right?) I woke up with a rash on my leg too.

This is what happened here. So I am going to make an assumption that this is all Candida related (aka Yeast ~ no you can't add butter & jelly and have me for dinner!) and begin Diflucan. If the itching really drives me crazy, I'll add him a little anti-fungal cream for good measure. Of course my doctor's office is closed today and tomorrow so I won't be to get a hold of anyone from my great and powerful Oz (LLMD) until Monday. Hopefully by then, I'll have gotten it somewhat under control. I am beginning to think that part of my die off is getting a systemic yeast infection. My last treatment was Dec. 13th. Almost two weeks to the day, I begin itching.

After my 9/9 treatment, it was less than a week when I started itching and by 9/19 I was in full blown itch mode. It was at that time I realized it was yeast after doing the antifungal test.

As long as it doesn't get like it did in September/October, I will be happy. I could not sleep it was so bad during those times, but my face and neck feel like I have a bunch of little ticks crawling all over them. And my legs are starting to feel the tickles too.

Please pray for complete healing. Thanks.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Oh Dear! Hope that you are able to catch things quickly with the candida...I am always trying to outrun it myself.
I like your new mantra!

Jennifer said...

I hate outrunning Candida!