Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why do I do this?

Why do I blog about my experiences with Lyme Disease?
Why do I tell others about my life?
Why do I share so openly and honestly about my feelings about the doctors that don't treat Lyme appropriately?

I got the answer today.

Not one, but TWO friends emailed me today. I have often thought that if the pain I had for 12 years prior to my diagnosis could help one person it was worth every moment.

Now I have the opportunity to possibly help impact the lives of my friend's family members.

You don't *get* Lyme until you GET Lyme. No two Lyme patients are the same either. I have had a pretty rocky journey, others have it worse than me and I know others that were treated with two weeks of Doxy and are fine.

I hope that those that my friends know will be in the two weeks of Doxy and they are fine. In my experience, that is rarely the case.

No comments: