Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Whole Lotta Rides

The theme of this years North Carolina State Fair is a Whole Lotta Happy. So I will do my blog posts in the theme of the photos that will be posted. So this post is A Whole Lotta Rides.

We arrived at the fairgrounds around 8:30 in the morning. This gave me the opportunity to take photos of the rides. As you can see in the photo below, it was very cloudy today. Aside from the moments of downpours and massive wind, it was perfect weather. It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold.



We were able to get right up close to the rides so we could take close up shots without losing the clarity by using a zoom lens. This was one of my favorite shots of part of one ride.



And here is another:




I personally am not a rider of fair rides. I don't like spending 6 to 8 bucks per ride for one after paying 17 dollars just to get in (7 dollars for the ticket and 10 dollars for parking) for one and for another ... my stomach just does not handle rides. I do, however, enjoy taking photos of them. :o)

And PS: I loved being about to walk around for SEVEN hours yesterday.
I think it's honestly the most I've walked straight
(work doesn't count since I spend most of my day
sitting in a chair teaching a child how to read)
and neither do UNC or WCU games
b.c again I spent most of the time sitting.

My legs are paying the price today. My calves are in brutal pain.
I'm sure it's from the exercise and not from the Lyme.
However, I will keep an eye on it.


No comments: