Friday, October 9, 2009

Dose 5

I have a very strange reaction to antibiotics. It's very very weird and it has always happened.

Dose 1: Something always happens to make me think maybe I shouldn't take it. Sometimes it's (TMI) massive bathroom breaks, sometimes it's a strange rash, sometimes it's swelling somewhere. This time was no differnet. My left eye started swelling and it appeared that I had pink eye. I knew this would go away by the evening (the trend with most of my 1st dose episodes).

Dose 2: It generally goes better than dose 1. I always get excited that maybe nothing will happen while on antibiotics.

Dose 3: ALWAYS get nauseated & puny on Dose 3. As the tradition continued, I was nauseated all morning. However I had almonds with me so I ate them and felt better afterwards.

Dose 4: Last night, I felt so puny. I felt like I was going to barf at any second and was all hot & sweaty. I finally went to bed at 7:30 missing my favorite show. Now if this tells you anything, this show is the ONLY show I watch live anymore. All the rest I watch on DVR. But Survivor ... I hve to see it live! In i'ts entire season, I have only missed 3 episodes LIVE. Make that four now.

Dose 5: Always Always Always get the diahrea. I've already been to the bathroom 3 times and I just took Dose 5 15 minutes ago.

I have 15 doses left. Let's hope that the tradition doesn't continue b.c if so, I will be very sick by Sunday. At least I'm not having any other of my herx reactions. This is a VERY good thing.

I'm still coughing up a storm uncontrollably. I try not to take cough syrup b.c I know that I need to cough junk up. If I take the cough syrup, it will surpress my cough so that I won't be coughing stuff up. Bad part is that ... I fear. If I cough, I'll ... well .. I think you can guess what I'm scared will happen and it has to do with both "ends" if you get my drift.

I could take an expectorant, but I try to take as little medicine as possible. I will see my LLMD for my appointment tomorrow. We'll see what he says about my still lovely hacking cough.

Well off to run to the bathroom. Oh joy!

5 comments:

Renee said...

Dr Andrew Weil has a receipe for illnesses that Joel and I use alot at home. It has garlic, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and ginger root....a liquid mixture that is very strong and tastes nasty altho you can add honey...BUT it has killed viruses we have had..flu and chest cold, etc. May be an option for getting rid of the crud in your lungs?
I am praying you can continue the abx and get well soon!!!

Fliterary said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry you are having these problems. I'm praying for you!

Jennifer said...

Renee, I can't do Lemon or Cayenne ... I am very sensitive to them.

Thanks to both of you. :)

Anonymous said...

I do garlic cut up small and swallowed fat like pills- 3 or 4 sec cloves. Also love ginger but the garlic cloves works both for energy and to ward off bad things. Cayenne has unfortunate results in nether regions. I too am very sensitive to all kinds of things including antibiotics. Good luck with something.

Kris said...

Hi Jennifer -
I have been reading your blog and I am so encouraged and scared at the the same time. I am in the diagnosis phase for Lyme. I have had symptoms for over 15 years and finally stumbled on the link between lyme & Fibro. I've seen many, many doctors -too no avail. I finally found a LLMD, but am not sure she is for me. I see her again on Tuesday and will get her final diagnosis. Thank you for your blog and all of the info! Kris
kris_sterk@yahoo.com