Thursday, October 29, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance

A fall edition has made me very happy.

There were 10 couples on Tuesday night's show. I already have a few pre-season favorites. There is always one person that surprises me. I will showcase my personal top 5 performances. I am very disappointed that Billy Bell won't be performing this season due to his illness. It's also a shame that Noelle hurt her knee. Though it must be said ... how come those on reality shows from NC make us all look like IDIOTS? I did kind of laugh at Noelle when she was talking about the Fox Trot.

Legacy (B-boy Street Performer) & Kathryn (contemporary) perform a Hip Hop routine. I look at this routine and Legacy reminds me of Gollum of Lord of the Rings. I could just see him going "My precious." This was my favorite routine of the evening. I hope they continue to do as well next week.

Ryan (Ballroom) & Ellenore (Jazz) perform a Contemporary Jazz Routine. I absolutely LOVE Ryan in this piece. He's so strong. Their dance was raw with movement and the transitions from one movement to the next seemed seemless. I feared that Ryan & Ashleigh would have difficulties dancing with other partners, but they both killed it with their new partners this week. :o) My 2nd favorite piece of the evening.

Kevin (Hip Hop) & Karen (Ballroom) perform a Cha Cha. Who isn't shocked that Karen knocked the Cha Cha out of the park? Even made Adam Shankman go "Aaaah oooooooo gah." Both really did an excellent job in this routine. Karen was the first one on the Hot Tamale Train! They both were just so good and I was amazed at how well Kevin did throughout the routine.

Bianca (Tap Dance) & Victor (Contemporary) perform a Contemporary piece. I've watched Bianca try to get on the show for a few years now and I'm so glad she's finally on the show. Who hasn't been there? Being either the object of someone's affection and not wanting that person OR .. having someone that you just want to notice you and they ignore you completely. I think I've been on both ends of the spectrum.

Nathan & Mollee perform a Disco. Our teenage couple of the show performed this routine very well. Bits of it made me a tad uncomfortable b.c I know these two are only 18. :P ~ ~ ~ They are just so adorable and I have a feeling that they'll have a great fan base.



Can't wait for next week. :D

No comments: