Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bronchitis Update

I'm still coughing up a storm. I stopped by my LLMD's office this afternoon. After speaking with my nurse, I plunkered in my "favorite chair." She plunkered down right in front of me with needle in hand. After two tries, she got the IV inserted and the drip began. First IV I've had since February and the first time I've had an IV insertion since July of 08.

After the 2 and 1/2 hours of IV (which is a nutritional IV consisting of 50 grams of Vitamin C plus some other nutrients), my nurse informed me that my LLMD does want me to go on the antibiotic. So ... here we go again. Hopefully this time ... ONE antibiotic for TEN days (instead of FOUR antibiotics for over a YEAR).

All of my other s ymptoms are pretty much gone except the horrible cough. It's been a while since I've been a fly on the wall at my LLMD's office. I forgot how very busy my LLMD is. He was busier than an one legged man in a butt kicking contest. He was running from patient to patient trying to hear what the office staff and nurses were telling him about other patients in between visits.

Today was a crazy day. I know it's about to get crazier for him. I'm sure he'll get patients that would have gone to Dr. J in South Carolina, but don't want to wait for his transition to DC or even drive to DC.

I see him on Saturday for my follow up. Hopefully I'm feeling a lot better. I got my test results today. I am not looking forward to the appointment either b.c some things didn't look good.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Thinking you and hoping for a swift recovery for you Jennifer.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Renee.

Kara said...

Hope you are feeling even better today, Thursday. Glad you were able to get the IV with a minimum of poking and prodding. :-) That's always a plus. You are in my prayers. {{HUGS}} ~Kara

Jennifer said...

Thanks Kara, I still don't feel grand. :=(

I've had 3 doses of antibiotics, 17 more to go.