Saturday, October 10, 2009

Follow up 10/10/09

August was my worst month this year. It was absolutely horrendous. I compare it to months that I had in 2008. I had exhaustion, headaches, word finding problems, memory problems, joint pain in hands & legs, balance issues, nausea and twitches in my legs. These problems lasted about 2 weeks of the month, but they were the worst two weeks I've had this year.

September gave me exhaustion, poor stamina, joint pain and swelling. I also had unexplained histamine reactions resulting in swollen eye lids. October has proven to be tough with the bout of Bronchitis. I walk into my LLMD's office with knowledge.

The good news is that each bad spell I had ended on it's own. I fought back with my "strong" immune system and the symptoms disappeared (excluding the Bronchitis). In August, we ran a bunch of urine and blood tests. I received the results of these tests today and what they mean for my treatment.

My sodium level is borderline low again. This means I have to add sodium into my diet yet again. My iron is better than he expected, but was still borderline low. My vitamin D is extremely low. Zinc was also overtly low. In the urine testing, it showed that I have low glutathione, and low B6. I also had a nutrient test done. The three things that were overtly low were Zinc, Magnesium and Selenium. It also showed borderline low levels of B12, inositol, Vitamin A, Copper, Chromium, Vitamin E and Vitamin C (which is absolutely astounding considering how many Grams of Vitamin C I take in a day).

He would provide me with "good news" to be followed by the "bad news." "Well, your metal test was within normal range." (YEAH) "Your Zinc levels are overtly low." (BOOO)

You may ask why are so many minerals defiecent. I can answer this. EDTA (not only to help with metals, but also to help with biofilms) not only binds to metals, but it binds to minerals. Therefore depleting my mineral supply. We were aware of this problem prior to the blood test and I was given Trace Minerals. However, Trace Minerals make me so nauseated that I can't take them. So he's going to give me specific minerals that I need. So I will be taking Vitamin D, Magnesium, Zinc, Selinium and a B6 complex. However because I have a sensitive system, I may not be able to tolerate them. If I can't tolerate these, I have been advised to get IV minerals.

The urine testing also showed high level of yeast. So therefore I will begin a regiment of Diflucan. We're going to hit it hard and take 4 full weeks of Diflucan. I will then take one week off and then take another 4 full weeks. I won't go on any new supplement until I'm off the antibiotics. However, I will start the Diflucan as soon as I get the prescription filled.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Hoping you will feel much better soon. Sounds like the extra testing you did was well worth it. Many answer gives good direction. Hope you have a better week and get through the antibiotic "Blahs" quickly!

DDawson said...

I'm sorry that you are struggling so much! If it makes you feel any better when I read your post I thought it said... My MENTAL test was in the normal range...haha lol and I thought, well good for her...and then I reread it...but metals is good too. :)