Monday, October 26, 2009

A Whole Lotta Food

We only go to the fair every few years. I don't think it would be as fun if we went every year. Plus the past few years, I have been very sick so I would not have lasted an hour (much less the seven that we spent there today).

I really view the whole idea of fairs and carnivals and things of the sort as crowded and dirty. I just prefer to stay away from the whole scene of the fair, but ... the first month or two that Rob & I were together, he took me to the fair. So now we pretty much go every few years. This is the first year I think we've brought the camera and gone hog wild on the photos.

The whole reason I go to the fair is for a Whole Lotta Food! We head in thinking about the foods we want so we won't go crazy eating everything in sight. We know that I have to have Roasted Corn. We know that we have to have something sweet. We know that there will be some sort of "main meal." I can't remember what all we ate today, but we sure took lots of photos of food booths.

One of the Midway Food Booths. We didn't buy anything at this one, but it was pretty to look at.



Another booth of food sugar.


The whole reason I go to the fair is to get a WHOLE LOTTA ROASTED CORN! :o)
This stand even offered a "cheese" version of the corn. I was tempted, but decided to stick with good ole butter & salt. It was a real bargain at 4 dollars for the ear of corn & a bottle of water.



No comments: