Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Small Victories

Most people think that bad days help remind them of how good their good days are. Not me, I'm the opposite. Whenever I have a really great day, I'm reminded about how bad I had it before and it makes me feel blessed. I have come so far in the last 2 years and 3 months since starting Lyme treatment. I am honestly shocked by how well I am doing. I must keep pressing on with transitional treatment or I could slip back into Lyme Oblivion, but honestly I feel better today than I have in YEARS. I almost feel better today than I have since HIGH SCHOOL (I graduated High School nearly 14 years ago).

About a year ago, I tried starting to work out again. I went to ONE Step Aerobics class and left after 15 minutes. I decided it wasn't worth the pain, not the blistering pain I felt in my muscles, joints and lungs. For Christmas, I purchased a Wii for my husband. For our birthdays, my parents bought us a Wii Fit! We used it a lot, but repetative stuff does get boring after a while so I was looking for something to alternate with the Wii Fit. When I saw the Wii had a new exercise program I was all for it. I researched it and heard good things.

Wii Sports Active has a 30 day challenge on it. I have completed 6 days of exercising and I have stuck with Low impact things. I didn't want to press myself too much too quickly. I must say that other than the normal aches and pains of muscles being used that haven't been used in YEARS ..... I am pain free!

Praise God for Huge Victories: I AM PAIN FREE!

Here's an old photo for you to enjoy. This was taken during one of our snows this year and after my big hair cut.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Wow! This is great news and very exciting. What incredible healing has taken place in your body over the last year!! Love the hair cut, too!

Charisse said...

I have been following you for a while now and have even commented a few times...and while I do not know you IRL I am so excited to hear that you are able to move and exercise and be physically active without the pain. :-)

Fliterary said...

I'm praising God and so excited for you, Jennifer!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Kara, Charisse and Lisa! Charisse ... you should comment more often! :)