Thursday, June 4, 2009

Later Gator and Hello Tigers!

So Friday morning, I will be taking a mini trip down to South Carolina. I rarely leave the area so some of you might be wondering why I'm taking a road trip outside the RTP area much less out of the state. A few weeks ago I received an invitation to go to someone's high school graduation. It's been years since I've attended a graduation and this someone is quite special.

My dear Lyme friend Sarah is 18 years old and lives in Upstate South Carolina. We've been friends almost since the beginning of my Lyme Diagnosis. Sarah also has Babesia and Bartonella. As if those things weren't bad enough on their own, Sarah also has: Hashimoto's Thyroid Disease, Tachybrady-Cardia, POTS syndrome, Gastroparesis, Poly-neuropathy, Degenerative Disk Disorder, nerve damage to vagus nerve, and now Chiari 1 Malformation has been added to the list.

And my friend can now add "High School Graduate" to the list! On Saturday morning, I will get to see her receive her diploma. I will finally get to meet the friend I've been talking to the last two years.

Congratulations Sarah. I can't wait to meet you.

P.S. Curious about the Title? I'm going to be headed to Clemson South Carolina. The home of the Clemson Tigers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I love you Jennifer!!! I am so glad that we get to meet, and thank you so much for coming all this way to see little ole me! :) You are the best!!!

Kara said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip. This is really touching. What a terrific friend you are! How exciting to finally meet Sarah!!