Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day

Favorite story of my favorite father's day present ever.
My teacher was going around asking all of her
students what their father's liked to do.
Some would say their Dad's liked sports.
Some would say their Dad's liked golfing.
Some would say their Dad's liked four wheelers.
Some would say their Dad's liked Video Games.
Some would say their Dad's liked church.

ME?
I said my dad liked to sit!
They tried to present me with another option
since my Father is musically talented.
Nope I insisted:
My Dad's a Sitting Nut.

Out of the mouth of children eh?
So Happy Father's Day to
My Sitting Nut!


If I had to say it all over again ...
I think I'd say the same thing!

Well maybe there would be a few more options

My Dad: The Humorous Nut
My Dad: The Musical Nut
My Dad: The Computer Messer Upper Nut
My Dad: The Golfing Nut
My Dad: The Nose Flute Nut
My Dad: Driving about 10 different ways to work Nut

All Joking Aside:

My Dad: The Dependable Nut

I can always count on my Dad to be there when I need him.
He's already done the three most important
things a Dad has to do ...
He gave me Life,
he molded me into
the person I became
and then
he gave me away.



Thankfully I still have my sitting nut.
He's one of the most important people in my life.
He can be serious.
He can be humorous.
But most importantly,
he is my Dad.

No comments: