Sunday, September 7, 2008

What's up with me?

This month is going to be a very busy month for me. Plans have been made and I am so excited about all that is going to happen in September. I am going to ignore all the medical stuff that is going to happen and just tell you all the fun stuff I have planned. :) My husband and I are going on a mini vacation. Now before you all go and get excited, I said "Mini." It begins Friday afternoon and ends Sunday afternoon. However, I am super thrilled to be staying at a hotel in Nags Head North Carolina. This vacation serves two purposes. The first, which is the least important in the scheme of things, is for me to have a relaxing weekend with my husband. The second, which I am way excited about, is to attend this.

For those of you that don't want to click on that link, this is a charity event that is being hosted by Nathan and Tricia Lawrenson. Nathan and Tricia are amazing people that I have had the privilege of meeting twice. The first was at a Great Strides walk in Cary, NC and the second was at the church I attend C3. The "short" version is that Tricia has Cystic Fibrosis. If memory serves correctly, the day before Tricia was to leave her home to go to Duke Hospital to prepare for a double lung transplant ... she found out she was pregnant. This took them on a journey this last year of many miracles.

In January, Tricia had her miracle baby named Gwyneth Rose (a micropreemie) and on her husband's birthday in April ... she was granted her second miracle of the year. She received her lungs. Last year, Tricia and Nate started a Great Strides walk in the OBX (Outer Banks). So when I heard about this couple in December of 2007, I knew that my life would be changed forever. So, I am going to the Great Strides walk this year in the OBX. So between relaxing with my husband on the beach (sans Hurrican Ike) and the Great Strides walk, I am super thrilled about this upcoming weekend.

There are a bunch of small things that I have planned, but the other huge thing does not happen until the end of the month. The North Carolina Lyme Disease Foundation is presenting this documentary on Lyme Disease called Under Our Skin: The Untold Story of Lyme Disease.

I have purchased two tickets to see this wonderful documentary and prior to the beginning of the movie, there is going to be a rally for patients, doctors, and supporters of those with Lyme Disease and other illnesses (such as Autism) to help support those doctors that treat these illnesses. It's going to be a long day for me so my prayers are that I will be able to stand with the great Lyme Literate Physicians and show my support as they have supported me over the last year and half and countless others over their lifetime. I also get to meet others facing this illness and rumor has it that there is going to be a new website announced at this rally as well.

I'm so psyched. :)

No comments: