Sunday, August 9, 2009

Supplement Strategy

So when you have tons of supplements to take, you begin to develop strategies to take them so that you get them all in. I have been really slack on all my supplements lately so I needed a new strategy so that it would be easier to locate exactly what I needed to take when I needed to take them. I wanted to share because well it's so super fabulous!

I had this thought of color coding all the bottles so that I would know which bottle I needed to pick up for what time (example would be that one bottle might have a red, blue and purple sticker indicating I might take it for afternoon, dinner and bed). Off to Target I went to find something. It was then I discovered a massive pill organizer with the colors Red, Blue, Green and Purple on it.

The idea was coming into my mind very quickly. I ran walked over to the school supply section which was quite the madhouse (considering in NC it's tax free weekend AND back to school time). I found these simple stickies that I thought I could make work. And guess what colors it came in? Red, Blue, Green and Purple (plus yellow too).

I had already written out a chart as to which one I'd have to take upon waking, as soon as I got home, at dinner and at bedtime. So I brought out one bottle at a time and studied the pill organizer. I realized I would need to take that one 2 times a day. So I found the color sticky that matched the pill organizer slot it would go in and slapped that sticky right on top! I then went ahead and put all capsules in the slot for the week. Then I went on to the next bottle.

Here is what it looked like: The bottles in front and the ones I also have to take first thing in the morning when I wake, but I can't fit those things in the pill organizer. I just color coded them as if they would go into the organizer. :o)



Here is what my box of supplements looks like:



Also have a couple in the fridge.

And I also got a little shopping therapy while I was out and about (since it was Tax Free weekend and all). I got this really cute dress (but my face was really really hideous so I chopped my head off).

8 comments:

pink said...

OMG, so glad i found your blog. I'm a doctor and have been getting the run around for SIX MONTHS due to negative elisas. as i got sicker, i finally had a pos. elisa on friday w/ 2 bands pos. on WB today. i should have sent to igenex sooner but i believed my pcp when she told me she thought their elisa's were good. luckily the infec. disease doc said, "Yes, you have lyme" (even though the tests were still technically borderline.)

what a public health disaster this entire thing is. i suspect i'll learn an awful lot here, can't wait to read on.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I'm glad you found my blog as well. There are many blogs on Lyme Disease as well as many informational websites. Some are accurate and some not. There are labels on the side of the blog and one has "All my Lyme Posts in One Place." Click there and you'll find many informational posts about Lyme Disease. If you want to contact me privately, take a peek over on the side and there will a message that says "click here to email me." Do just that and then make sure that in the body of your message that you leave your email address or I won't be able to contact you back. The email goes straight to blogger and has no identifying markers as to who sent the message.

Shari said...

Wow! I thought I had lots of supplements and meds. I have a mental health issue and I started researching supplements. I have benefited (is that a word?) so much! I still take meds too. Just not as much. Have you seen a big difference in having the Lyme and taking supplements? I think I mentioned before I have a friend with chronic Lyme. I hope your day is blessed.

Jennifer said...

Shari, my list used to be much longer. Then it shrunk and now it's grown again. I find that it has helped a great deal with my issues. I don't think I'd be nearly as healthy if it weren't for some of the supplements I have taken.

Does your friend have a blog?

Shari said...

Jennifer: she has a Caring Bridge website. I can get you the information if you are interested.

Jennifer said...

Sure Shari. I would love to visit and maybe offer some support! :)

melody said...

I love how you color coded stuff! Good idea :)

I think you've inspired me to at least post photos of our ridiculous collection of supplements/meds. We're still working on finding an organization system that works for our Lyme brains.

Miss talking with you! :( I'm really hoping my brain will come back soon so I can be more interactive with you and... well, everyone.

Thinking and praying for you and your husband!