Thursday, April 30, 2009

Still struggling

I am still struggling with the thoughts and emotions of my friend's passing. Today, we had the tough task of telling the children where we teach about our colleague. All of the parents requested that we do it together as a group for the older children. So today, we gathered them and told them about the death of their beloved friend.

I said on Tuesday that I will never forget the sounds of all of us on Monday night. I will *never* forget the sobs from those children today. My heart ached all over again as we were consoling them. We need to buy stock in tissues. We definitely went through them today. The children had very good questions ... the same questions we had on Monday.

How am I doing? I'm still struggling. I'm doing the best I can with the skills that I have. I hope to never hear the sounds of over 25 sobbing children ever again. The wake was today and the funeral is tomorrow. Our compassionate District Manager sent out a request for other teachers to come in and take care of any children that couldn't be picked up early. So other centers are sending volunteers to help us as we go pay our respects to our friend and her children.

There are not enough thank yous in the world to share with these ladies that are coming to care for our children while we are in mourning. Please continue to pray for the children of my friend. I know they are struggling with all that has happened over the last week. I just wanted to give an update for those that might be concerned.

1 comment:

Coloradosnowbaby said...

Praying for you sweetie, and all of your kids... *faith, hope, love*...ms