Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Laughter Lives Tuesday

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.

I had to add two things that happened today that made me have a laughing fit. First is that I stayed up late late last night (midnight for me is like 4am for others). So I was having some visual hallucinations this morning. The Clock said 5:00. I looked at it fast and thought it was SOON. I closed my eyes and looked again .. still SOON. Then finally I realized it was 5am and my alarm was blaring at me. I chortled for a bit.

Then I was on my way to work and saw this billboard. Now in hindsite it MUST have said, "Photographs with bunnies," but I read ... "Photographs in your UNDIES."

This Laughter Lives Tuesday needs a disclaimer: I don't expect many will find this funny, but I rolled in fits of laughter.

So some things from the outside would cause extreme laughter while the same thing for others would cause serious looks of concern. Whenever I see a tick, I don't know whether to laugh or cry as I'm scrambling looking for appropriate tick removal items. My instinct is to be really serious. And that I do. Case in point on Sunday, I'm calling my husband "come home immediately." He leisurely walks in to me holding our dog as still as I can and say "we need pliers to remove this tick."

PLIERS ... did I really say PLIERS? He promptly pulled out his SWISS ARMY KNIFE and pulled out this tick while I'm totally freezing because HE'S NOT DOING IT RIGHT!

Well when he left, I started laughing. Laughing until the tears started falling.

Then ... I saw an advertisement for this:




The laughter continued. Let me help you decipher what is IN this kit: Precision Twizzers, Magnifying Lens, Antiseptic Towelettes, Tick Storage Bags Instructions.

Something about the word Towelette makes me laugh and I laughed for a good 20 minutes.
Only $7.60 at Amazon.


Then ... I saw this:




For some reason both products caused me to have a serious case of the laughters.

1 comment:

whenpigsfly said...

Bunies and undies...that is funny!!
I saw that Tick key at our feed store the other day when I was buying grain for all the livestock, adn got a big smile about that "tool"....what's that a bout "a sucker being born every minute"??
Saw your blog listed on the Riggs blog, by the way
Linda
at smithsoup.blogspot.com