Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Anniversary (edited)

April 15, 2000 ~ We said I do.
We said "In Sickness & In Health.
I was sick the day we got married.
So terribly sick, but who knew that was just the beginning of it.
Our joke is when is the "in health" part going to start.
But in all actuality, I've done my job to have the "in sickness" part of our vows.
I am so glad that he's done is job to have the "In health" part of our vows! :D
However we know that TBD probably has the best of his immune system too
May 14, 2009 we will find out whether we will be fighting
the Lyme fight together as a couple or whether it truly is just me.


That we've come from this
Note the really tan legs & fanny pack
Don't ask how they got so tan because I have no idea.


to this:
Look at that long hair. I grew it out for the wedding.
Look at the really high sitting waist pants.


to this:
The first day of the rest of our lives


To this:

9 years later
The glasses shrunk.
The tan has faded.
His belly has gained girth.
But in sickness & in health
we are together
silly as ever.



From the age of a tiny girl, I knew that
Canon in D by Pachebel that just *had* to be played.
Loved it then! Love it now!






And then ... the song by Blessid Union of Souls: Rest of my Life. (ignore the video part cause well it's Dawson's Creek ... just listen to the song)

5 comments:

Charisse said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! It must be a wonderful feeling to know that he will stick with you through the tough. it makes the not so tough that much sweeter!!!

melody said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! :) I love the picture of you guys now making the silly faces! :D Its the best!
<3 Sarah

Jennifer said...

Thanks you three. :) Sarah, you have NO idea! Serious faces R not us!

Fliterary said...

Happy Anniversary, Jennifer. I haven't been able to get online as much, but I've been praying for you and my other Lyme friends.

Many blessings, my friend!