Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sick Check In

Remember when I said, '"Well if it "may" cause drowsiness, it might as well say "WILL" cause "sleep for 1/2 day."'


Well last night I started having some eye itching and swelling. It happens (more often than I care to admit). So I decided to take the Delsym Night Time cough syrup with antihistamine. Well the typical adult dose is 30ML. I poured it into the dosing cup and decided that it looked like it could knock me out for a good 30 hours so I poured 15 ML back into the bottle leaving me with only 15 ML to take. I took it at 8:30 and was asleep by 8:45. I didn't budge until 9:30 .... THIS MORNING. If you take into account last night was the end of Day Lights Savings time, I slept for 13 and 1/2 hours on 1/2 a dose. I can't imagine if I had taken the full dose.

Anyways, I do feel better. :) I'm still on antibiotics. I've only had three bouts of running to the bathroom. I was supposed to have blood work on this coming Wednesday, but we pushed it back to the week after Thanksgiving since there are several factors that could really affect the blood work results. I go get my eyes checked on Tuesday. I imagine that in about 2 1/2 weeks I'll be sporting new glasses.

No comments: