Friday, October 8, 2010

On the Road again

For me the worst part of the trip is that I have to drive. Usually, I get up at the crack of dawn and head out. But this time, I decided to do things a bit differently. The other thing that is going to be different is that I typically drive straight through with no stopping unless I am running out of gasoline. I'd rather push through 5 hours of driving than stop and make it a 7 or 8 hour trip.

Well today, I'll be making a detour to pick up one of my collegiate best friends. Then we'll head out together. The other thing is that I typically stay within 10 minutes of the university. This time it's more like 30. I'm not sure how the weather is going to be. I'm not really caring. I've not packed yet. Usually I pack a week in advance. My camera isn't charged. Mentally I've been in the mountains for a week. Physically I've been in a really bad place. I'm hoping that I'll be able to push through whatever symptoms arise over the weekend and have a great time.

I even "practiced" staying up "late" last night. I didn't sleep until 11pm and got up at 6:45 just to see how that would go. I won't lie ... I'm exhausted this morning, but I don't have that cold I thought I was getting. I'll be taking Vitamin C with just in case it happens again.

In less than 2 hours, I'll be getting in the car with my small bag of luggage and my hangers full of clothes. I decided to carry two full hangers of clothes so I don't have to worry about wrinkles instead of just throwing everything in the luggage. We'll see how that works out. :O

Change ... my how I've changed over the last 3 years. Going to a friend's house without 20,000 maps. I only have the GPS to guide me. Going without an arsenal of medications. Going without any preconceived notion about what is going to happen. Watch out world, Jennifer is changing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2drg8FtBg

I just realized that the last time I was at WCU, I was sporting a PICC Line and long hair. I had made the decision not to cut my hair until I was done with antibiotics and the PICC Line. Since I got it cut, I've kept it fairly short since. I say "fairly" because I don't like "short short" hair. :) It took me one hour to pack, shower and dress. That's not bad --- for a woman! Only missing two things from my bad that I have to grab. My camera (most important) and "Hot Hands." (ya know those things you open up and keeps your hands warm?). I have to check the weather forecast.

AHHHH in less than 30 minutes I'll be on the road! I'm so excited I could burst!

No comments: