Sunday, October 3, 2010

October

October is going to be crazy busy for me. I typically have one big planned thing in a month. It's most of the time not even really that big of plans, but this month ... the plans are enormous. Seems like the month is filled with one thing or another. I'm having to cut out things that I would really love to do because I don't think I'll have the energy for it. We'll see though. I may still do those things after all.

I'm getting my hair done. This takes energy out of me in and of itself. Something about sitting in one place unable to move for over an hour just does me in. I always get back feeling fatigued and exhausted.

I'm leaving to go to the mountains. I'll head to Hickory first and then onto my Alma Mater for the Homecoming weekend. I'm sure a trip to the Clothing & Gifts store will be the first order of business to purchase my Purple & Gold Apparel if I arrive before I can check into the lovely mountain Inn I have booked for the trip. I haven't bought a new WCU shirt in two years. I wear them often so they are quite worn out.

Tailgating (What? ME?; yes just with no Alcohol people!), Alumni Church Meeting and Football Game. I'm sure there will be other things to pop up as I run into a few people I know. Because I'm going Homecoming weekend, there are several college friends that are going. One I haven't seen in about 13 years. I'm pretty excited about that!

I'm sure I'll be to sing this at least once with the Pride of the Mountains Marching Band! Yes, they sing!

Hail to thee, our Alma Mater
Faithful, kind, and true;
Every son and every daughter
Offers praise to you.

Hail to the dearest spot of all;
Hail to WCU!
Light and life and fond devotion
All to thee are due.

Headed back to Hickory first and then back home.

The following day is our big Work Professional Day. These about take the breath out of me. It's really exhausting learning a lot of stuff in one day. :P

Then that same week is UNC Basketball Baby! Late Night with Roy. I may have to cut this from my agenda. :(

October 22nd: My High School Alma Mater is having this HUGE big deal game! It's a "Vikings Kick Cancer" Football game! The team will wear Pink and will be raising money for Breast Cancer Research. About two years ago, we lost a beloved teacher to breast cancer. I think this has been in the works ever since. I'm sure there will lots of funds raised. As far as they know, this is only the 2nd high school in the country to do something like this. If you want to send donations to the school, leave a comment with your email address and I'll get in touch with you as soon as I can. Remember, I moderate all my comments so your email address will only be seen by me. I'll be posting about this again soon.

The next day, I really want to go to Charlotte. My favorite movie is Back to the Future. They are going to present it in only two movie theaters in NC and both are in Charlotte. SO, if I want to go, I better buy tickets now. The problem with this is that I will be up really late on the 22nd and I'd have to leave at the crack of Dawn on the 23rd. But, it's a once in a lifetime kind of thing. SOoooo I might have to bite the bullet and do it anyways!

I feel like there is other stuff too, but I can't recall right now what everything is. The two biggest are WCU trip and the HS Football Game.

No comments: