Friday, October 29, 2010

Human Pin Cushion

Sometimes I just feel like this

(photo courtesy of: Wikipedia)


I went to go get an IV today. It wasn't successful. I practically left in tears. Between the tourniquet that shouldn't have been used (b.c it was latex) and the pokes in veins that wouldn't accept the IV, I was extreme pain three hours after I walked in. Three hours that I won't get back. In fact, I have to go do this all over again tomorrow. I've decided that two hours is all they get. If they can't get it in two hours, I'll beg for antibiotics and be on my merry way.

It's been one of those days where I feel like ... I'm so tired. I'm tired of the effects of Lyme Disease. I feel like saying Why me .. but then I remember, "Why Not Me?" I think about how much more can I take and then I remember that I can do all things through Christ. I'm tired, but not done. I'll fight this fight. I maybe grumpy, but I'll continue to fight the best I know how. I'm just tired of feeling like a pin cushion.

No comments: