Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year

When I was a kid, I think I remember there was a librarian that was born on leap year day. I vaguely remember teasing that she was only 10 years old. This is only the 2nd February 29th I've had since diagnosis.

So I have had good intentions the the 2 1/2 weeks. I have taken my medication and supplements exactly and mostly on time and then today happened. I woke up late, but not late enough to not take my first dose of Cortef. I wiped the sweat from my brow (more on that later) and took the 10 mg of Cortef. Then I began writing an essay for my class. I wrote and wrote and wrote some more. Okay it was more like typing and typing and typing some more and then I realized it was 2pm. Ahhhh I had typed through my 2nd dose and it was closer to my 3rd dose than to the my 2nd one. So I made the decision to just "skip it."

Then I was 1/2 way to my Dad's school when I realized I hadn't packed my 4pm Cortef. I nearly screamed out loud and then I realized, this day wouldn't have existed last year. No biggie. ;)

Back to the sweat. I don't know what's going on, but I'm sweating like crazy. It's ridiculous, seriously ridiculous. It is probably related to the new stuff I'm taking. I'm documenting so we'll see when I go for my follow up in April. Well I just wanted to make sure I had written something on a day that only comes around every four years.

No comments: